Thursday 14 April 2011

Here we go!!

So I thought to myself "How about starting a Blog?" It seemed a great idea. Somewhere to keep a diary of things that are happening whilst the little man is growing up and somewhere to share my thoughts and ideas. Brilliant! Or not. You see I am a complete and utter technophobe. Computer lingo fightens me half to death and I have absolutely no idea what a URL is, even though my computer keeps on asking me for one for my destination!!! AAARRRGGHH! It got even worse when the computer asked me to update my cookies!?!?! How did the computer know I was having a snack???It took my hubby about twenty mins to explain that it is part of the computters hard drive. All I can think is "What am I doing?"

About a month ago, I started to think that I should do something to utilise my brain cells and drag myself kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. I realised that Baby J would be able to work more electronic equipment by the time he was 3 than I could as a 32 year old! Not good, especally when he goes to shcool and needs help with his homework and projects. As a result I decided to get on the world wide web and start utilising my computer to its full potential, or at least half a percent to start with! I kept surfing ( see I am trying with the lingo) and browsing (getting cocky now!) and could find nothing other than recipes and shopping to do online. It was then that I stumbled across blogs. "That's it!" I thought. A perfect place to keep a record of our comings and goings and somewhere I can ramble on without making other people's ears bleed! So the question was how hard could it be to set up a blog? Answer: not very.

Now I am not going to be working for IBM anytime soon, but I really enjoyed setting up the blog. Choosing the name and the page type etc. It took me a hefty three days but I got there in the end. I know this must be easy for most people, but for me this was really quite hard. I think I am going to really enjoy this. Its helping me to utilise my brain again and I feel like I am blowing the cobwebs away, that have been gathering for the last 2 years.

So here's to the new Cakey Bakey Blog! Here we go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment